Customers and Providers:
Please discuss alterations with your guide or customer before submitting an alteration request to make sure you're both in agreement. In all cases, your reservation is subject to the cancellation policy under which it was booked. Either the guide or customer may make non-material changes to an upcoming reservation. Once a change is entered by either party, the alternate party must confirm the change before it will be applied to the reservation.
To Submit a Material Change to a Reservation
- If changing material details such as number of people, trip type, or length of trip. The reservation will need to be canceled and re-submitted. Changes are subject to the calendar availability and terms of the listing.
To Change the Date of a Reservation:
- If you're a customer, go to 'Trips' > Click on the trip that you wish to change > Send Message > Let the captain know what you would like to change.
- If you're a guide, go to 'Reports' or your calendar > Click on the trip that you wish to change > Adjust Trip > Make desired changes.
- Both guides and customers can adjust the dates.
- If the change is accepted, the trip details will be updated accordingly. If the alteration is declined or not responded to, the original reservation details will remain intact.
Open Angler observes a 1-strike policy for its guides. Guides are permitted 1 cancellation on a confirmed reservation per year. Should a guide cancel a confirmed reservation without advance communication or receive 3 granted refund requests for misrepresentation or failure to show for a confirmed reservation, the guide will be removed from the Open Angler network and will be prohibited from listing on the network for a period of one year.
Learn more: Guide Cancellation and Misrepresentation
Pricing when Changes Occur:
The subtotal is a price inclusive of the listing's rate, additional services fees, and rates for extra guests, before Open Angler service fees, which are adjusted automatically according to the new reservation subtotal.
The price is calculated from the listing's pricing settings at the time of the alteration, not the pricing settings from the time the reservation was booked. Guides may adjust the subtotal when making an alteration request to make sure the pricing is correct.
- The customer is altering the dates of the confirmed trip and the new reservation is still the same type for a different date; the guide sees an option to accept or decline the alteration. If accepted, the cancellation policy will remain as booked.
- Due to weather, the guide is altering trip type of a reservation from offshore to inshore and the new reservation is for the same day; the guest sees an option to accept or decline the alteration. If accepted, the cancellation policy will remain as booked.